Parental Rights Needs Help in Your State
It is January, and that means
A few states which will or may introduce such resolutions include California, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Michigan, , Utah, and Virginia. ParentalRights.org stands ready to supply sample wording and other resources for any state that may wish to consider such a measure.
As a result, we would like to urge you this week to investigate your . Here’s all we’d ask you to do: are (or soon will be) gearing up again. Several of these State bodies will be considering resolutions calling on the U.S. Congress to pass the to the States for ratification.
- Visit our States Watch page and click on your State to see if a parental rights resolution has already been introduced in your legislature. (As of this email, only Virginia and Hawaii are definites.)
- Visit your state legislature’s website to find and write down the contact information for your state lawmakers.
- If there is already a resolution in your state, contact your lawmakers and urge them to support that resolution for the sake of parents, families, and the rights of your particular state.
- If there is not already a resolution in your state, contact your lawmakers and urge them to champion such a resolution. Tell them ParentalRights.org would welcome contact from them, and we would be happy to provide them with sample language from which such a resolution can be written. You might even offer to contact us on their behalf and get that information for them!
- Remember to follow up in a couple of weeks to make sure your efforts are moving things forward. Many state legislatures won’t be convened for long, so time is of the essence.
Join the Network
Click here to sign up for this weekly newsletter and/or action alerts regarding parental rights.
Become a Member
Your gift of just $25 or more will support our on-going efforts, and we'll send 2 decals to recognize your donation.
View This Email Online
In case there are updates or you have trouble viewing this properly, you can view it online here.